Winter Shustoke Barn Wedding photography in Warwickshire | Samantha & Matt
We searched long and hard for our photographer, as this was so important to us and a big investment. We came across Oxana on a website and fell in love with her natural documentary style of photography. Oxana put us at ease straight away in front of the camera (which we are usually not). She was awesome from start to finish and had such a positive, energetic energy through out the day which kept motivating us. Oxana is such a creative photographer, she captured so much love, laughter, emotions and all the little details within our wedding. We’re so happy we have stunning photographs to look back on and are very honoured she was able to capture our very special day.
Shustoke Barn is a wedding venue located in Shustoke, North Warwickshire, England. It is a beautiful 18th-century red-brick barn that has been converted into a modern and stylish wedding venue while retaining its original features.
The barn offers a variety of spaces for wedding ceremonies and receptions, including the Barn itself which can accommodate up to 140 guests for a wedding breakfast, and the Gallery which is perfect for smaller, more intimate weddings.
Shustoke Barn also has a stunning courtyard area which is perfect for outdoor ceremonies or drinks receptions, as well as beautiful countryside that make a perfect backdrop for your wedding photographs.
Winter wedding photography at Shustoke Barn
Samantha & Matt winter wedding at Shustoke Barn was a dream to photograph . It was cozy , beautifully styled and full of love and joy. The Barn has underfloor heating so it felt very warm and cozy . The ceremony was around 2 pm but if you have chance to get ceremony earlier I would recommend 1 pm to have longer day light for photography . Samantha and Matt had only 7 group shots which was perfect and done within 15-20 minutes . Couple portraits were important to them ( which I absolutely love ) and we spent around 30 + minutes with perfect lighting wich is within 1 hour before sunset .
What to consider when planning winter wedding
Here are some ideas to help make your winter wedding at Shustoke Barn extra special:
- Start ceremony as early as possible . Check with the venue they will recommend earliest time . Ideally 1pm or 1.30 pm .
- Sunset in December around 4 pm -4.30 pm . You need minimum 2 hours from end of the ceremony until sunset to get most of the light for photographs .
- Make your group shots list short max 7-9
- Add some cozy touches: Provide blankets and hot drinks to keep guests warm during the ceremony or reception. You could also add some warm lighting, such as candles or fairy lights, to create a cozy atmosphere.
- Plan for the weather: Make sure you have a plan in place in case of bad weather, such as providing umbrellas or arranging for a covered outdoor space.
- Serve seasonal food and drinks: Incorporate seasonal flavors into your menu, such as warming soups, hearty stews, and mulled wine. You could even have a hot chocolate or cider bar.
- Consider a fireworks display: Winter evenings can be dark, which makes them the perfect backdrop for a fireworks display. This could be a stunning way to end your reception and create a truly memorable experience for you and your guests