The Great Tythe Barn is a popular wedding venue located in the picturesque Cotswolds village Tetbury . With its rustic charm and beautiful barn it provides the perfect setting for a winter wedding. Here are some tips and ideas to make the most of your Great Tythe Barn winter wedding:
- Embrace the season: Winter is a magical time of year, with its crisp air and festive spirit. Embrace the season by incorporating winter-inspired elements into your wedding. Think warm drinks, cozy blankets, and twinkling lights. You could also choose a winter-inspired color palette, such as rich jewel tones or icy blues and silvers or create more warm palette using gold and brown colours.
- Use the venue to its full potential: The Great Tythe Barn is a stunning venue with many unique features, such as its impressive oak beams and open fireplace. Make the most of these features by incorporating them into your décor. You could hang fairy lights from the beams, use the fireplace as a focal point, and add winter foliage and flowers to bring the outdoors in.
- Serve warming winter drinks: Nothing beats a warm drink on a chilly winter day. Consider serving mulled wine, hot chocolate, or spiced cider to your guests to keep them cozy and warm. You could also set up a hot chocolate bar or a DIY mulled wine station where guests can customize their drinks.
- Add cozy touches: Make your guests feel at home by adding cozy touches to the venue. Think faux fur throws, soft cushions, and candlelight.
- Consider a winter menu: Winter is a time for comfort food, so consider incorporating seasonal ingredients into your menu. Think hearty soups, roasted meats, and winter vegetables. You could also offer a dessert station with winter-themed treats like gingerbread or mince pies.
A winter wedding at The Great Tythe Barn in Cotswolds is a magical and memorable experience. By embracing the season and using the venue's unique features, you can create a warm and cozy atmosphere that your guests will love.
The Great Tythe Barn Winter Wedding in Cotswolds | Elisabetta & Toby
Elisabetta & Toby winter wedding at the great tythe barn was so magical . Winter light and pre Christmas vibe , having all the closest people together in such a beautiful Cotswolds wedding venue was a treat :) and I am so happy I was part of this very beautiful day
Wedding Planning Tips from Elisabetta & Toby
What was the most memorable moment from your wedding day ?
The ceremony but also our private photo session with Oxana!
What did you love about location you got married ?
We loved how beautiful it was. The rustic feel mixed with English Cotswolds vibes.
Any tips, recommendations for newly engaged couples when organising wedding ?
Make sure you book the big things as soon as possible (photographer, caterers, DJs, VENUE!). As a couple, talk a lot about what’s REALLY important for you and for your partner… it’s the big day for both of you after all. Have a think whether you may have talented friends who could help with some of the things (e.g. flowers? Entertainment? Invites? Writing place cards? Making the cake? Etc.), this could help you save a lot of money!! Try and stick to your budget.. a lot of extra unexpected money gets spent towards the end and if you haven’t got it or haven’t saved it that could be a bit of a problem!
What would you do differently when organising your wedding ?
The thought going behind the invites. I would also try and save more money beforehand.
What was the most hardest or challenging when organising your wedding ?
The invites! And the money! We otherwise had a really good time organising our wedding :)
Anything else you would like to share :)
All the stress leading up to the big day is normal, but try and enjoy the process.. the journey that will get you to the special day. The wedding will arrive and go in a flash but the journey will take a while.. so do enjoy that too!! Also try and slow down on the day of your wedding (excitement will take over..) but when you’re sitting at your table eating your meal… just take a moment with your partner and on your own to quietly take it all in. That feeling will stay with you forever!!
Final thing… things could go wrong and you may spend time afterwards going over and over what you could have done better.. who you should have spoken more to, what food you should have picked instead etc. etc. Try and let go of that feeling but remember and focus on all the beautiful things and people that actually made that day so special. One of them is right next to you for the rest of your life and that’s the reason you had that big party in the first place!!!
Wedding Venue The Great Tythe Barn in Tetbury
Florist - Camille Burgess (a friend).
All buttonholes, bouquets and corsages made by Bride
Hair and make up - Mayfair & Grace (beauty place in Tetbury)
Cheese tower - Cheshire Cheese Company
Food - Bristol Event Catering