Elopement in Bath
Bath, Somerset is a popular destination for elopements due to its beautiful scenery, historic buildings, and romantic atmosphere.
There are several reasons why would you like to elope rather than have a traditional wedding. Some couples prefer the intimacy and privacy of an elopement, while others may want to avoid the stress and expense of planning a big wedding. Elopements can also be a way for couples to focus on their love and commitment to each other without getting caught up in the expectations and pressures of a traditional wedding.
Bath, Somerset is a particularly popular location for elopements because of its stunning Georgian architecture, picturesque countryside, and luxurious spas. Many couples choose to elope to Bath to take advantage of its romantic setting and enjoy a peaceful, stress-free wedding day.
Bath historic places for your elopement or intimate wedding
- The Roman Baths: The Roman Baths is a historic site in the heart of Bath that features ancient Roman architecture, a natural hot spring, and beautiful gardens. Couples can book a private wedding ceremony at the Roman Baths, followed by a champagne reception in the Terrace overlooking the Great Bath.
- The Royal Crescent: The Royal Crescent is a row of 30 terraced houses built in the 18th century, overlooking a beautiful lawn and parkland. Couples can book a private ceremony in one of the elegant rooms of the Royal Crescent Hotel, which offers stunning views of the city and countryside.
- The Pump Room: The Pump Room is a grand Georgian building in the heart of Bath, famous for its elegant tea room and beautiful architecture. Couples can book a private ceremony in the Pump Room, followed by a reception in one of the nearby restaurants or hotels.
- Temple of Minerva : The Temple of Minerva, also known as the Bath Temple, is a beautiful and historic location for an intimate wedding in Bath, Somerset. This temple was built in the late 18th century and is situated in the stunning Royal Victoria Park, just a short walk from the city centre.
- The Assembly Rooms: The Assembly Rooms is a historic venue in Bath that has hosted many weddings and events over the years. Couples can book a private ceremony in the elegant ballroom, followed by a reception in one of the nearby restaurants or hotels.
- Prior Park : Prior Park is a beautiful and tranquil park in the heart of Bath, Somerset that offers a picturesque setting for an intimate wedding or elopement.
You might also like to check
Summer Elopement photography in Bath , Somerset | Katie & Simon
Katie and Simon had a very intimate elopement with just Simons Parents . it is not something they planned for their big day but it was a year of lockdown . They had ceremony at Guildhall and then we went for a walk around Bath taking portraits, listening to a music and drinking prosecco at Sydney Gardens. It was very special day but I am glad to say they are having a big wedding party very soon and I cant wait to photograph their big day that they waited to share with family and friends for a few years :)